Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Website: Joy in Change

Where did that website go?! kcheath.com is going off-line for awhile. Several reasons--the main one being: it just doesn't Fit my needs. I originally got into book reviews, and if you saw kcheath.com [established in 2006], you know there were over 200 reviews there. Then I wrote my own book...well, a Trilogy. The first book--REINS OF TIME--got published in 2008. The publisher never linked my website to theirs, even though I asked repeatedly. In the 3+ years the book was represented on my website, I never once got an email from a "reader". No. I continued getting "requests for reviews." Why should I read your book when you haven't read mine? --LOL-- I hate being the proverbial Black Hole of Submissions, so I'm taking the site down for awhile. Another reason for the change is the new slant on philosophy. "Escape Time with KC Heath" was the official name of the website. Back in '06, I was convinced that reading and writing fantasy fiction was my escape from reality. I've since been over and under and back and forth.... Yeah, life will do it to you, won't it just! My new take on life is that we should not try to escape time, but live In The Moment. Tough. But a great new challenge! I'm keeping kcheath.com as my domain. Once my day-job situation changes [expect that within 2 years], then I'll put a new website up to represent where my creativity has taken me lately. It's all over the board, really. In the last 2 years I've taken cooking classes. Piano lessons. Yoga. ...read books by some really incredible authors [non-fiction & fiction both]. Have cobbled together a very nice poetry chapbook. Painted an antique chair. Poked at gardening. Dabbled in photography. And told my publisher who asked for Book Two that they can't have it until they're ready to accept that I have 5 main character points of view. Change is good. It helps us grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment